Monday, April 21, 2008

Please baby baby please baby baby please


Mom and pops left town this weekend and they thought I didn't know. I watched them packin' up their suitcases enviously. I grabbed mom's bikini top and ran through the apartment with it. "Y'all can't leave without me," I shouted.

They just stared at me as though I wasn't making any sense. Then pops grabbed me and shook me upside down until I lost hold of the top. He gave me a big, hug, a squeeze, and played our throw the puppy game with me as mom quickly dragged the luggage outside. He put the dang silencing collar on me that sprays me when I try to talk and ran out of the apartment. I was livid but I couldn't say a word without getting my snout squirted. Ugh. So I danced around to some trip hop that they left on for me before I fell asleep.

The sound of keys in the door roused me from my slumber and when the door opened it was Courtney. I ran towards her with glee and wagged my little tail stump so that she knew I remembered her. She looked like she had had a rough day so I played with her knees and when she bent down, I gave her a big kiss on the cheek. She smiled and pet me and rubbed my ears before putting on my leash and taking me over to her place. Human chicks can't resist me but I'm still having a hard time with the b***hes.

I spent the weekend with Courtney and her new man friend, Ray. That Saturday, they took me to the park where I got to sniff after hotties. Although I can no longer make babies, my equipment still works. I tried to whisper that to a cute rottweiler but she kissed her teeth and cut her eyes at me.

"Where you from?" she asked.

"Upstate," I replied as Courtney started pulling me away. "Yo baby, I walk this route every day...let's meet up."

"Puh-lease, you ain't hood enough for me," The Rottie said gruffly.

My ego was more than a little bruised. I lost the pep in my step and walked with my head hung low for the rest of the afternoon. I guess my accent still reeks of upstate even though I've been living here since last summer. As if there's anything wrong with being from upstate...shoot!

Courtney and Ray could tell I was upset so they took me back home fed me, played fetch with me, and rubbed my belly for hours, which took my mind off the rejection. Here's a picture of Ray tellin' me that one day I'll meet the right woman and that everything will be okay. They're the best sitters uptown!

No comments: